When you choose an Orwak solution, you invest in a machine that is produced by using 100 % green power and in a brand that engages in climate compensation and promotes sustainability!
PURE GREEN POWER IN OUR FACTORY…
We feel a strong commitment to the environment, when we design waste compaction equipment that promotes recycling and contributes to reduced CO2 emissions. So it is a natural decision for us to only use energy from renewable sources, wind and water power produced in Sweden, when manufacturing our machines in the Orwak factory.
…AND NEW FOREST IN COLOMBIA – 80 MILLION TREES PLANTED SO FAR IN THE PROJECT
In 2019, Orwak is a proud sponsor of a UN Gold Standard climate reforestation project in Colombia. The reforestation combines biodiversity protection with sustainable timber production. The Vichada area was once covered by rainforest but due to human activities it turned into a dry treeless savannah. In the project, 80 million trees have now so far been planted and the new vast forest does not only provide natural CO2 absorption, but also improves the conditions for the people living in the area and is a new home to native animals and plants. Watch this video from the forest and get inspired!:
- Provides CO2 reduction and contributes to a sustainable development
- Protects and enriches the soil
- Creates a natural habitat for animals and plants
- Creation of regional job opportunities and reduced migration
- Promotion of education and financial support for schools in the project area in order to stop child labor